The Development is designed to occupy 2 upper floors and 2 levels of basement, with all facilities housed within an 80,000 sq m site. Major facilities include:
– Convention and Exhibition Hall of over 8000 sq m net usable area.
– Auditorium with capacity for 1500 persons
– A 200 m tower with revolving restaurant
– Parking in a multi-level basement car parking for 3000+ cars
– 15 breakout and syndicate meeting rooms beside the main Convention Hall to seat varied numbers from 50 to 250 persons
– Retail area
– 2 restaurants with capacities of about 150 persons and a Concession Area to serve Convention Hall
Efterklang was the appointed acoustic consultants on this project during the preliminary design stage which included traffic noise assessments, façade design, set-up of acoustic design criteria as well as preliminary recommendations regarding sound insulation and room acoustics.
The project was in the end unfortunately put on hold, however the client got a detailed and comprehensive acoustic design that could be fed into the architectural and MEP designs in order to create a state of the art international congress center in Abuja.